Competitive Anxiety of Female Judokas at Different Achievement Groups: A Comparative Study
Method: Through purposive sample technique from 102 judokas, n=51 female judokas (age 18-25 years) of different colleges of Punjab University, participating in Punjab University Judo Intercollegiate competition were selected as subject of the study. They were further divided into three groups High, Average and Low Achievement groups based on their previous year 2010-11position in the Punjab University Intercollegiate Competition. Three groups are High achievement group TH1 = first, second and third position holder (n=17), Average achievement group TM2 = fourth, fifth and sixth position holders(n=17), Low achievement group TL3 = seventh, eighth and ninth position holders(n=17).
The Sports Competition Anxiety Test (SCAT) developed by Rainer Marten was administered for the collection of data. The One Way ANOVA (Analysis of Variance) was applied to find out the significance difference among the three achievement female judokas groups. To test the hypothesis, the level of significance was set at 0.05. The result reveled that the three High, Average and Low Achievement groups of female judokas of different colleges of Punjab University were found to have same level of competitive anxiety.
Result and Discussion: The result found that there were no significance difference was found between the three groups of i.e. High achievement group TH1, Average achievement group TM2, and Low achievement group TL3 of female judokas of different colleges of Punjab University Chandigarh, U.T.
Conclusion: The three High, Average and Low Achievement groups of female judokas of different colleges of Punjab University were found to have same level of competitive anxiety.
• Christina M. Caruso, David Dzewaltowski, Diane L. Gill, Mary McElroy (1990) Psychological and Physiological Changes in Competitive State Anxiety During Noncompetition and Competitive Success and Failure, journal of sports And Exercises Psychology ,JSEP Volume 12, Issue 1, March 6-20
• Craft, Lynette L.; Magyar, T. Michelle; Becker, Betsy J.; Feltz, Deborah L. (2003) The Relationship Between The Competitive State Anxiety Inventory-2 And Sport Performance: A Meta-Analysis, Journal Of Sports And Exercise Psychology, Volume 25, Issue 1, March
• Daniel Gould, Linda Petlichkoff, Jeffery Simons, Mel Vevera (1987) Relationship Between Competitive State Anxiety Inventory-2 Subscale Scores and Pistol Shooting Performance, journal of sports And Exercises Psychology, JSEP Volume 9, Issue 1, March 33-42
• Robert S. Weinberg, Marvin Genuchi (1980) Relationship Between Competitive Trait Anxiety, State Anxiety, and Golf Performance: A Field Study , journal of sports And Exercises Psychology ,JSEP Volume 2, Issue 2, June 148-154
• Smith Ronald E. , Frank L. Smoll, Sean P. Cumming, Joel R. Grossbard.(2006) Measurement of Multidimensional Sport Performance Anxiety in Children and Adults: The Sport Anxiety Scale-2 JSEP ,Journal of Sports And Exercise Psychology, Volume 28, Issue 4, December
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.